The Cordelia Foundation held a film screening and a panel discussion on the occasion of the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture ont he 26th of June.
Dr. Lilla Hárdi, Founder and Medical Director of the Cordelia Foundation greeted everybody and read the International Rehabilitation Centre’s (which the Foundation is a Member of) Global Reading for 2019.
We organised the following programmes for the event:
- Dániel Vékony, University Professor, talked about the Syrian historical and political context from the Arab Spring until present time
- we screening a short documentary about a Syrian women’s personal story about trauma and torture
- these were followed by a panel discussion about torture rehabilitation with the following experts:
- Lilla Hárdi, Founder and Medical Director of Cordelia Foundation, Psychiatrist,
- Ernő Simon, Spokesperson for UNHCR Hungary,
- Gábor Gyulai, Refugee Programme Director at The Hungarian Helsinki Committee.
After the panel discussion people int he audience also got the chance to ask our panelists some questions.